Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Woke up this morning, my blood sugar was 274!

274!! Fasting BS of 274!
This is not a good thing, the magic range for a diabetic to shoot for is 80 to 120, this being said I automatically went to get my insulin and take my medication since its the first thing I need to do each day.

Having just gotten through having a horrible week, I really need to take better care of myself so yesterday I purchased a new meter, the Bayer Contour USB meter. This thing is amazing, it takes a small amount of blood to work, it is tiny, plugs directly into my laptop and copies data over! I am currently using the test strips that came with it because my copay for the strips are about $60 and right now I am currently broke.

I know part of the problem was the fact I decided to have a snack last night and I need to get carb free snacks in the house cause, that snack really caused me trouble. I will check things in a couple hours to see how the insulin is doing.  Until next time, keep safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment